A new year brings with it a new Bro Radio schedule. The changes sees the station increase its local news, sport, community and music programming and now broadcasts a minimum of 17 hours of original local content created at its studios within the YMCA Hub building in Barry.
The new schedule comes as the station enters into its tenth year on air as the local radio station for the Vale of Glamorgan.
Launching on Monday January 7th 2019 the changes build on the stations successes in 2018 and feedback from listeners via its Community Consultations. New additions and changes to the schedule include:
- Drivetime with Patrick Downes: Now starts at 3pm – 6pm, with the latest local news, travel and events to get you home safely.
- Early Breakfast with Nathan Spackman: Kick start your morning with the latest local news and information from 5am – 7pm.
- The Reel Experience: A weekly look at the new film releases, gossip and news, Monday night from 9pm.
- Primary School Takeover – The first Tuesday of the month from 6pm will see the official launch of the School Takeover, which was successfully trialed in 2018. The show will see local Primary Schools invited to Bro Radio to takeover one hour with their favourite tracks and stories from their School.
- This is Me – Hosted by Dave Beadle from local organisation Rotundus, the show focuses on the stories of individuals who have suffered from Mental Health and the tricks they use to overcome it.
- The Bro Radio Culture Show – A monthly look into arts, culture, literature and theater in the Vale of Glamorgan on the third Tuesday of the month from 6pm.
- Learning Welsh – A monthly show dedicated to those trying to learn Welsh on the fourth Tuesday of the month from 6pm.
- Monthly Show – Bro Radio’s existing monthly shows, Barry Island Discs, the GVS Radio Show, Country View and the Indycube Business show move to Thursday nights from 6pm.
- The Vale this Week – Bro Radio’s new weekly news and lifestyle programme the Vale this Week broadcasts every Wednesday from 6pm. The programme which will be hosted by Matthew Harris and Rhiannon Jenkins will discuss the weeks local news stories, issues and event with industry experts and members of the public. The show will be all about the Vale of Glamorgan and its presenters are keen to hear about local issues effecting you via email@example.com
- The Indie Disco – Join Ben Dain-Smith as plays Indie classics to help kick start your weekend early every Thursday from 9pm.
- Drum and Bass Show – A weekly showcase of local djs, artists and producers every Friday from 9pm.
- The Dance Show – June Cecilia returns to provide a weekly mix of the latest new released and classics, Friday night from 11pm.
- Saturday Breakfast with Dave Watts – Dave Watts moves back to Saturday breakfast with his Soundtrack Saturday kicking off your weekend, along with some Dad jokes for good measure, every Saturday morning from 7am to 10am.
- Saturday Mornings with Jacob Page – Starting on Bro Radio’s Youth Show in 2015, Jacob hosts a new weekly Saturday morning show from 10am – 12pm.
- Saturday Sport Part One: Charlie Edmunds and Jacob Chick bring their take on the weeks sporting action in South Wales and look ahead to the afternoons fixtures, between 12pm & 2pm, followed by Saturday Sport part two from 2pm – 5pm with Gareth Knight and Craig Parry.
- The 90’s & 00’s party: Martin Griffiths returns to Bro Radio every Saturday night from 9pm.
- Sunday Breakfast – Jason Norris moves to Sunday Breakfast for a gentle start to your Sunday.
- Sunday Afternoon – Mike Briscombe joins Bro Radio to get you through your Sunday between 3pm & 6pm.
- Sunday Evenings – Paul Hillier moves to Sunday evenings between 6pm & 9pm.
- At the musicals – Ryan and Jordana play the best of the musicals to wrap up your Sunday from 8pm, launching on January 20th.
Full Bro Radio Schedule:
Monday – Friday:
5am – 7am: Early Breakfast with Nathan Spackman
7am – 10am: Bro Radio Breakfast with Gareth Knight
10am – 12pm: Geoff & Guests
12pm – 3pm: Afternoons with Rhys Edwards
3pm – 6pm: Drivetime with Patrick Downes
6pm – 7pm: The Reel Experience
7pm – 8pm: The Cardiff City Phone In
8pm – 10pm: Late Tea with Phil B
6pm – 7pm: Monthly Programming
- First Tuesday: Primary School Takeover
- Second Tuesday: Health and Wellbeing Show
- Third Tuesday: The Bro Radio Culture Show
- Fourth Tuesday: Learning Welsh
7pm – 9pm: The Bro Beat Club with Simon Field
9pm – 11pm: My Generation with Tony Heare
11pm – 1am: The Rock Show with Krazy Doug
6pm – 7pm: The Vale this Week – Bro Radio’s new weekly news and lifestyle programme the Vale this Week. The programme which will be hosted by Matthew Harris and Rhiannon Jenkins will discuss the weeks local news stories, issues and event with industry experts and members of the public. The show will be all about the Vale of Glamorgan and its presenters are keen to hear about local issues effecting you via firstname.lastname@example.org
7pm – 9pm: Weekly Wildcard with Nigel Streeter
9pm – 11pm: The Moonshine Experience with Craig Parry
6pm – 7pm: Monthly Programming
- First Thursday: Barry Island Discs – Our monthly chat with celebrities, politicians, sport and business people in the Vale of Glamorgan, playing the songs that made them who they are today.
- Second Thursday: The GVS Radio Show – Glamorgan Voluntary Services provide a monthly look at all things third sector in the Vale of Glamorgan, with volunteering opportunities, stories and guests.
- Third Thursday: CountryView – Helen Joy discusses farming and agriculture in the Vale of Glamorgan.
- Fourth Thursday: Indycube Business Show – Indycube discuss and showcases great business techniques being undertaken in the Vale of Glamorgan
7pm – 9pm: The Local Music Show
9pm – 11pm: The Indie Disco
6pm – 7pm: Bro Radio in the Mix
7pm – 9pm: Jane’s House
9pm – 11pm: New Drum & Bass Show – Launching February 2019.
11pm – 12pm: The Dance Show with June Cecilia
7am – 10am: Dave Watts
10am – 12pm: Jacob Page
12pm – 2pm: Saturday Sport part one
2pm – 6pm: Saturday Sport part two
6pm – 9pm: The 70’s & 80’s Party with Geoff Selby
9pm – 11pm: The 90’s & 00’s Party with Martin Griffiths
11pm – 12pm: The Party with June Gould
7am – 9am: Sunday Breakfast with Jason Norris
9am – 12pm: Sunday Morning with Dean Caldwell
12pm – 3pm: Sunday Afternoon with Ian MacDonald
3pm – 6pm: Sunday Afternoon with Mike Briscombe
6pm – 8pm: Sunday Evening with Paul Hillier
8pm – 10pm: At the Musicals
10pm – 12pm: The Red Thread with Tim Cooper
Are you interested in volunteering with Bro Radio or being a guest? Email email@example.com for more information.