The Mayor of the Vale of Glamorgan, Councillor Leighton Rowlands visited the Vale of Glamorgan Delivery Office to see first-hand the operation of delivering Christmas post and to pass on Season’s Greetings to its dedicated, hardworking staff.
The Mayor was shown around the office by Delivery Office Manager, Kevin Beames, and was introduced to the postmen and women, who are pulling out all the stops to sort and deliver mail in Vale of Glamorgan over the very busy Christmas period.
The Festive Season is Royal Mail’s busiest period, as millions of people shop online for gifts as well as sending Christmas cards and parcels. Royal Mail also plays a key role in e-commerce for many businesses sending goods to customers throughout Christmas shopping season.
The Mayor of the Vale of Glamorgan, Councillor Leighton Rowlands said: “At no other time is the hard work and dedication of postmen and women clearer than during the festive period. There is a huge amount of effort and dedication that goes into delivering a first class Christmas all over the country.
“It was great to meet the team here at Vale of Glamorgan and thank them for the extraordinary lengths they go to ensure Christmas parcels and cards are delivered to loved ones on time, as well as thanking them for delivering our mail services all through the year, in all weathers.”
Kevin Beames, Royal Mail Delivery Office Manager, said: “Our postmen and women are working extremely hard to deliver Christmas parcels, cards, letters and parcels to people in Vale of Glamorgan. We are grateful that The Mayor, Leighton Rowlands visited the office to see our operation and to support the team.
“We’d like to remind our customers to post early and to ensure all their mail is posted by the recommended dates, so that friends and family can enjoy their Christmas greetings and parcels. If everyone uses the postcode on every item of mail, this also helps us greatly in the job that we do at this very busy time.”
- Post early – Avoid disappointment by posting your cards and parcels early.
- Use the postcode – A clearly addressed card or parcel, with a postcode, and return address on the back of the envelope, will ensure quick and efficient delivery.
- Use Special Delivery – For valuable and important packages and parcels guarantee delivery with Royal Mail’s Special Delivery, which means your gift is tracked, traced and insured against loss.
- Wrap parcels well and always give a return address
- For more information about Royal Mail’s last recommended posting dates, please visit: https://www.royalmail.com/greetings or call 03457 740 740.