Police are appealing for information after a burglary in Court Road, Barry, where high-value watches were stolen.
The burglary took place sometime between 8.15am and 3.45pm on Wednesday, November 27.
Items stolen include two limited edition Rolex watches and a TAG Heuer F1 limited edition watch.
Anyone who may have seen someone acting suspiciously in the area or who has any information can call South Wales Police on 101 quoting reference 1800450164 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Police in the Vale of Glamorgan have released a few simple steps which can make a big difference in keeping your home safe from burglary.
Here are a few tips to consider:
- Lock your doors and windows every time you leave the house, even when you’re just out in the garden, remembering to double-lock UPVC doors.
- Hide all keys, including car keys, out of sight and away from the letterbox – a device could be used to hook keys through the letterbox.
- Install a visual burglar alarm – and use it.
- Install good outside lighting.
- Keep ladders and tools stored away; don’t leave them outside where they could be used to break into your home.
- Ensure side gates are locked to prevent access to the rear of the property.
- Ensure rear fencing is in good repair.
- Improve natural surveillance at the front of your property i.e. trim high hedges.
- Remove valuables from view of ground floor windows.
- Store any high value items such as jewellery in a properly secured safe or bank vault.