The Australian former TV star, 87, has been appearing by videolink at Southwark Crown Court in London where he is on trial accused of indecent assault.
Judge Deborah Taylor told the jury that Harris would be released from Stafford Prison on Friday and would be able to appear in court in person while on bail for the rest of the trial.
The jury had previously been told Harris had already been convicted and sentenced for other offences in 2014.
The judge told jurors: “He (Harris) will no longer be appearing in the court via videolink and he will be attending what remains of his trial in person next week.”
The trial, which opened on 15 May will not be sitting on Friday.
Harris is on trial accused of indecently assaulting three teenage girls in the 1970s and 1980s.
It is also alleged that the former host of Animal Hospital touched a 13-year-old girl’s breast after filming a children’s TV show and asked her: “Do you often get molested on a Saturday morning?”
Harris is separately accused of groping a third girl aged 16 twice after being paid £100 to appear on the ITV show Star Games in 1978.
The court has heard that he told her she was “a little bit irresistible”.
Harris denies four charges of indecent assault against three women between 1971 and 1983.
© 2017, Vale of Glamorgan Broadcasting CIC T/A: Bro Radio & Sky News.