The Cardiff and Vale of Glamorgan Integrated Health and Social Care Partnership has allocated £100,000 funding from the Welsh Government’s Integrated Care Fund (ICF), to support new and innovative Third Sector community activities and services in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan. The Third Sector Capital Investment Fund is managed and administered by Glamorgan Voluntary Services (GVS).
The Capital Investment Fund is open for applications and the deadline for submissions is 12pm on Friday 15th November 2019.
Aim of the Capital Investment Fund
This Capital only Fund aims to support proposals which improve the quality of life for people in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan by ensuring that opportunities are put in place locally to promote health and wellbeing and support engagement and participation in the communities in which they live.
The funding is focussed on the following priority service areas:
· Older people with complex needs and long term conditions, including dementia
· People with learning disabilities
· Children at risk
· Children with complex needs due to disability or illness
· Carers, including young carers
Organisations can apply for a maximum of £20,000. There is no minimum.
Examples of how the Capital Investment Fund could be used
The funding COULD be used for the following (this list is not exhaustive and is intended as a guide only):
· Start-up costs for new groups, activities or services
· Materials to support the provision of, or piloting of new or additional services
· Social inclusion services, such as capital items to support the setting up of a new lunch club, sport club, exercise class, carer support, neighbour care, or a small scale community befriending service in response to a need
· Re-ablement and rapid response services to better meet demand
Examples of capital expenditure include the following: improving access to services; housing adaptation equipment such as ramps and rails; IT equipment; refurbishment of Third Sector service provision; kitchen equipment for lunch clubs etc.
Nathan is the Operations Director and one half of Vale Breakfast on Bro Radio. You'll hear him reading local news, hosting at local events and presenting our facebook live videos.