The Vale of Glamorgan Councils Cabinet has approved plans to market the Train Shed building at the Innovation Quarter for commercial lease.
The building which is known as the ‘Train Shed’ forms part of the BSC2, located within the Innovation Quarter, a Joint Venture between the Vale of Glamorgan Council and the Welsh Government.
The property was previously leased to Barry Railway Engineering Company (BRECO) Limited, which was terminated in 2020 and currently remains vacant.
The Councils Regeneration team has confirmed the building as an asset which could be used for commercial and leisure purposes, which it believes in turn would add to the offer available in this location.
In the report, presented to Cabinet on Monday – it was recommended that the property be advertised for let by informal tender process, with work undertaken to explore a range of potential uses.
To date the Innovation Quarter development includes:
• the award-winning Pumphouse conversion,
• Premier Inn and Brewers Fayre Restaurant,
• West Quay Medical Centre,
• the BSC (Business Services Centre) and
• the mixed-use conversion of Hood Road Goods Shed property and new ship container village and a new apartment block for Newydd Housing Association.
You can read the full report via the Vale of Glamorgan Council Website.