The Vale of Glamorgan Council are offering a number of online and in-person courses for new residents to learn new skills and hobbies.
A wide range of courses are on offer, focusing on creative endeavours such as watercolour painting and photography, through to language lessons for those wishing to level up linguistically.
The full list of online courses is as follows:
- Watercolour Painting for Beginners with Penelope Cowley - Starts Tue 12 Jan 2021 | 7-8.30pm | 8 weeks Cost: £57, Online via Zoom
- Photography Landscape with Glyn Evans - Starts Mon 25 Jan 2021 | 1-2.30pm | 3 weeks Cost: £30, Online via Zoom
- Exploring Creative Writing with Megan Mattraver - Starts Mon 11 Jan 2021 | 5-7pm | 5 weeks Cost: £47.50, Online via Zoom
- Spanish 1 for Beginners with Esperanza Cascon-Becerra - Starts Tue 12 Jan 2021 | 6.30-8.30pm | 10 weeks Cost: £95, Online via Zoom
- Sugarcraft Cake Decorating with Carmel Lovell - Starts Thu 14 Jan 2021 | 10-12noon or 7-pm | 10 weeks Cost: £95, Online via Zoom
- Painting in Watercolours for Absolute Beginners with Christine Lloyd - Starts Thu 14 Jan 2021 | 1-3pm | 5 weeks Cost: £47.50, Online via Zoom
- Intro to Learning Support & Home Schooling with Sammy Gray - Starts Tue 23 Feb 2021 | 9-11am | 10 weeks Cost: £95, Online via Zoom
- Italian 1 for Beginners with Martina Gallina - Starts Tue 12 Jan 2021 | 7-9pm | 10 weeks Cost: £95, Online via Zoom
Call Vale Courses to book your place for any of the above on 01446 773831, or email email@example.com
The Council is also offering a number of "Get Back On Track" courses to help local residents develop skills and qualifications to boost confidence and employability. These include digital skills workshops, which take place in Palmerston Adult Learning Centre, and basic courses in reading, writing and maths. The courses are free and accredited and you can find out more on the scheme's Facebook page, here.
To book a "Get Back On Track" course, or for more info call: 01446 733762 or Email: Palmerstoncentre@valeofglamorgan.gov.uk
Ben Dain-Smith currently presents afternoon shows and writes online content for Bro Radio.
You can email Ben at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you got a local story to tell? Submit your story or email email@example.com