The weather warning for Storm Ciara has been upgraded to amber, the second most serious level possible.
The Met Office warn that there is a threat to life from flying debris with gusts of around 100mph expected in exposed areas. It was previously thought that only a yellow warning was necessary. You can find our report on that, plus other details about the storm here
According to the world leading weather forecasters, the storm could bring:
- Flying debris, leading to possible injuries or danger to life.
- Some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs.
- Longer journey times and cancellations, as road, rail, air and ferry services affected.
- Some roads and bridges closed.
- Power cuts with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage.
- Injuries and danger to life from large waves and beach material being thrown onto sea fronts, coastal roads and properties.
Cardiff Airport has advised people to check with their airlines before travelling.
Ben Dain-Smith presents the Indie Disco and writes online content for Bro Radio 98.1fm.
You can email Ben at: firstname.lastname@example.org